Sunday 3 May 2009

There was a little note on the kitchen table

when I arrived home yesterday, "Amid all the other things you had on your mind you still found time to make me a nice lunch. THANKS LD"
It is nice to be appreciated but, much more than that, it makes me appreciate him. My father is so easy to look after really. He could be a fussy eater but he is not. He is still prepared to try something new. I admit he is getting a little bored with the Global Village repeats of the Flavours of France and the Flavours of Italy - after all I do not cook like that! - but he is still curious about food and he actually likes vegetables and fruit instead of regarding them as something that comes along with the protein.
There is no putting it off, having removed the thirteen garbage bags of yarn to the Handknitters' Guild yesterday, there is now room to move the books. It has to be done today. The man comes tomorrow. Why do we have so many books? I actually use these things!

No comments: