Tuesday 3 March 2009

What's the wet stuff?

Blogs (unless written by meteorologists) should not be about the weather but it is raining and I am reminded of the story the wife of the ranger at Uluru told me some years ago. They had a break in a three year drought and her youngest child came in and said, "Mummy, why is it all like the shower outside?"
The Victorians need this - they are having a day of high winds and 31'C forecast. Some fires are out of control again. Some total idiot tried to light one on the foreshore of east Melbourne last night.
We did not get a 'Tiser this morning. That is the second time in a week. The new delivery people are not nearly as efficient as the old delivery people. Of course it may be that they find it hard to understand why anyone would want two papers. The 'Tiser of low level local (state) journalism is enough for most people. The Australian is not a lot better. I still miss British journalism - although friends claim it is on the decline. I still miss Britain - most people say I am mad given the weather, the unemployment, housing and other crises. Give me a residence permit and I will escape Adelaide summers without a second thought.

No comments: